Amritsari fish or Tawa Fish Fry is a very popular Indian seafood. It is a simple fish appetizer made from combos of spices and herbs. The bursting flavours, sizzling taste and crispy chunks of pieces make this street food more delectable and savoury.
This dish is “Simply fish’licious.”
As the name suggests, this sea food originated in the streets of Amritsar. Served with lemon wedges and powdered with chaat masala, this dish has become an all time favourite for foodies and non vegetarians. This dish has become the perfect starter for any party to satisfy the cravings. If you want to explore the recipe of Amritsari Fish, then you have landed on the right page. Moreover, this Amritsari Fish is readily available in the best restaurant in Dubai which is Amritsr restaurant.
Ingredients to make Amritsari Fish recipe:
- 500 grams of Fish (Salmon or any other)
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste
- Some carom seeds
- Salt as per taste (⅓ teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder (as per taste)
- Dried and crushed fenugreek leaves
- Tandoor or garam masala (¾ spoon)
- Dried mango powder (½ teaspoon)
- Curd or water (2 tbs)
- Lemon juice (1 to ⅕ tbs)
- Gram Flour (quantity should be 3 tbs)
- Little turmeric powder
- Lastly 2tbs of cooking or refined oil
Below are the tips and directions of Amritsari Fish Recipe:
- Rinse or cleanse the fish properly and dry it for sometime.
- Take a separate bowl and add gram flour, salt, garam masala, garlic paste, fenugreek leaves, lemon juice and blend them together.
- Add salt and chilli powder in the blended mixture as per your taste.
- In the bowl of fish pieces, add curd and coat the fish properly.
- If the fish is too dry , then you can add(sprinkle) water on it.
- Fish pieces should be coated with masala powder.
- Pour ¼ to ½ cup of oil in the skillet or pan. Heat the oil till it turns hot and starts bubbling.
- Now gently put the fish pieces in the oil.
- Deep fry them all the pieces till they become crispy and browny. It will taste and smell good once it is properly fried.
- Now you can serve Amritsari Fish in the platter and eat them with your family members.
How to choose the best fish for cooking Amritsari Fish?
As you know frozen fishes are easily available in mom and pop stores at a very affordable price. But make sure that you always use fresh packaging of fish with the expiry date mentioned in the packages.
Some packages have a rotten smell in spite of frozen packets, which means you should abstain from them and use fresh packets of fish pieces.
How to clean the fish before making Amritsari Fish?
This fish should be washed with lemon and salt. The fishy odour will be removed with the help of turmeric and lemon so that it is easy for you to cook. Some fish pieces are boneless so you just need to put them in running water to remove the unwanted elements.
In Dubai, there are umpteen options in dining but there are very few options in which you can taste the authentic fish curry by the native chefs.
If you are looking for pocket-friendly dining options in Dubai then head to Amritsr restaurant where you will get a peaceful environment, mouth-watering cuisines and spectacular interior.
If you are in the mood for fresh and tasty fish, then head to Amritsr restaurant because we always focus on freshness.