Know the origins of Besan Ladoo and its recipe and what is the significance of besan ladoo in Indian Culture
Deceptively simple but everyone’s favorite sweet ball ladoo is a must have dessert on very celebratory occasions. Whether you like it or not, these sweet balls are relished with great enthusiasm on happy occasions. Ladoos come in various types like coconut ladoo, besan ladoo, boondi ladoo but if you want to grab these sweet balls at your home then you should jump in some extra cooking skills or ready to eat recipes.
Made by roasting gram flour and ghee, these popular sweet balls are eaten with great love and deliciousness. We have compiled a list of besan ladoo recipe for beginners as well as cooking experts.
Step by Step Procedure to Prepare Besan Ladoo
Have a look at the detailed step by step recipe of besan ladoo and get ready to serve your guest’s huge chunks of flavors:
- Take a heavy skillet or pan and add 2 to 3 cups of besan in the warm heated oil in the skillet.
- Make sure besan should be of premium quality and within its shelf life otherwise it becomes rancid in taste.
- Start roasting the besan in the skillet to medium heat.
- Stir it properly so that it can be browned easily and lumps begin to form in the flour.
- Sooner or later, the color of besan starts changing and now can add desi ghee to the process.
- The ghee quantity should be ½ cup in the mixture.
- Continue to stir the mixture properly with ghee and besan.
- Carry on the roasting process for about 10 to 15 minutes depending on the intensity and mixture of besan.
- The mixture will become thicker over time and give a nice aromatic flavor of ghee in its true sense.
- When the besan is fully cooked then you can add sugar. Furthermore, you can start making the process of ladoos in the form of balls.
- After adding the sugar, use the strength of your hands, make sure that sugar should be totally evenly melted with the mixture.
- Now add raisins (chopped), cardamom powder, cashews as per the taste and flavours. Mix them all in the besan paste or mixture.
- Now start making ladoos with the help of your palm and freeze them for some time at room temperature.
- Then you can serve them on a platter in front of your guests.
- You can share this recipe with your loved ones and serve them full sweet balls with love and care. No matter what, they will definitely like them.
Importance of besan ladoo in Indian history:
Ladoos play a mythological role in Indian culture and history. It has a great connection with Lord Ganesha and Lord Krishna. Modaks are very famous sweet balls related to Lord Ganesha and He used to eat them passionately.
Even Lord Krishna’s mother used to cook sweet balls for Lord Krishna since she was a huge devotee of Ganesha.
In his childhood Krishna as we all know used to be very mischievous and naughty. He used to steal ladoos and makhan from his mom’s kitchen area and she used to tie his arms to avoid the stealing process.
These have been some great stories related to Hindu Culture in Indian history.
Some historians opine that there was an ancient Indian physician whose name was Sushruta. He used ladoos mixed with ayurvedic medicines to his patients so that they could eat them and cure them accordingly. These balls really assisted him to manage the dose of the patients and patients too eat them with great elan.
Even some historians have a perception that ladoos were the result of some experiments. It had been popular among the masses and people used to like this sweet very much. Since then, it came into existence and nowadays, people of every age group have this sweet to satisfy their taste buds.
You might be asking questions in your mind that where to eat best besan ladoo in Dubai since there are a lot of restaurants but they do not provide these sweet balls. But no worries folks, Amritsr restaurant has come to help you in this regard and provide you authentic, sumptuous, delectable ladoos.