Lassi is a stirred and blended yogurt drink made of buttermilk (you can say). This sweet drink is very popular in parts of Northern India. There are a lot of ways to prepare this drink, you can make it traditionally or in a blender.
Lassi could be of two types: sweet and salty or sometimes spicy. The good news is that the Indian restaurant in Dubai Amritsr restaurant provides all kinds of lassi which you can relish with your loved ones.
Known for its cooling properties, it is a probiotic drink that is made from curd or yogurt.
Types of lassi which are served in Amritsr restaurant in Dubai:
Sweet Lassi: This is served with a lot of ingredients with sugary substances immersed in it. White butter is floating on the top layer of the lassi while drinking this sweet drink at Amritsr restaurant.
Salted Lassi: In contrast to popular sweet lassi, this salted lassi has also made its mark in Indian households especially in summers. Garnished with mint leaves and roasted cumin powder, this salted lassi is a spectacular drink for your digestion system.
Masala Lassi: Another type of lassi which is highly consumed is masala lassi which consists of various spices it.
History of Lassi
Lassi is considered to be the ancient smoothie of the world. It dates back to 1000 BC, yes you heard that right. Earlier it was prepared with some fine fruits or pure spices. Even some ayurvedic doctors opined that this smoothie had some medicinal or healing properties which gave a calming effect to the stomach or the patient.
Top Health Benefits of Lassi:
Lassi gives numerous health benefits which you can’t neglect like a smooth digestion system, lubrication of intestines, prevention from heartburn, etc. So if you are going to visit Dubai then head to an Indian restaurant in Dubai where you can get authentic Indian drinks and cuisines.
Calcium present in the lassi assists to maintain bone structure, improve your dental health, and relieving you from unwanted burps.
Lassi has been considered the best treatment for bloating. Well, it is undoubtedly. Furthermore, this drink also helps in problems of constipation.
How can you forget that lassi can easily cure digestive and stomach problems due to its probiotic abilities?
Have a look at the procedure to prepare lassi:
- Firstly take some 8 to 10 green cardamom pods and crush them gently and add 1 teaspoon of cardamom to the yogurt mixture and put all the mixture in a blender.
- In this step, crush all the seeds to fine particles or powder.
- Take 2 cups of fresh chilled yogurt in a bowl or pan and churn it properly with an immersion blender or whisk until it becomes a smooth substance.
- Don’t forget to add other ingredients as per your taste in this step.
Now add some teaspoons of sugar if need be.
- Add 1 cup of cold water or milk if you prefer. If you want thicker lassi then add only half a cup of water or milk and do not add other liquids. You can change the number of cups if you want thinner lassi.
- Begin to churn the lassi mixture with the churner or whisk.
- Keep on churning until you see a frothy layer on top. Now you can add 1 teaspoon of crushed cardamom with some saffron strands.
- Mix the whole mixture carefully and do a taste test of sugar if you want.
- Now serve your lassi in the glasses with some ice cubes.