Mango Kulfi is a popular Indian frozen dessert, which is rich, nutty, creamy and delicious. It’s a perfect Indian ice cream to enjoy on a hot summer day with your family and friends.
Mango Kulfi is an Indian form of ice cream that’s usually popular in Northern India. Mango kulfi ice cream is also getting popular across the globe due to its creamier and denser texture.
In India, it is mostly available with local street vendors in earthen pots. However, you can even enjoy it in Dubai in your favourite Indian restaurant, Amritsr.
What is Mango Kulfi made of?
The mango kulfi recipe is easy to make. It is made from sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and double cream. After that, sugar is added to the creamy mixture and it’s further boiled with cornstarch-water paste to make the mixture a little thick to set perfect ice cream.
Here are the major ingredients used to make mango kulfi:
- Milk – A kulfi will taste amazing when it’s rich and creamy. So, it’s best to use full-fat milk for making mango kulfi to make it tastier and creamier.
- Mango Puree – Canned or fresh mango puree is required for this delicious recipe.
- Nuts – You can add nuts of your choice to this recipe. Some commonly used nuts in mango kulfi are cashews, almonds and pistachios. You need to powder these nuts to give your dessert a nice taste and texture.
- Saffron – It is optional to add saffron to your recipe.
- Condensed Milk – Using condensed milk, your mango kulfi will become creamy and rich. It will also become easier to set without even forming any crystals.
- Powdered Sugar – You can add powdered sugar to your mango kulfi recipe, according to the sweetness you desire.
- Cornstarch – You may add a little cornstarch or cornflour to the recipe to make your kulfi super creamy.
How can you make Mango Kulfi at Home?
You need to follow these simple steps to make mango kulfi at home:
- Blend cashews, almonds and pistachios in a blender and keep them aside.
- Now, heat milk in a thick bottom pan. When boiling it, you need to simmer the heat.
- Now, add a few saffron threads into the milk. Let it skim until its quantity is reduced to half.
- Add the mixture of almond, cashew and pistachio to the milk and keep stirring it at regular intervals. You need to make sure that it doesn’t burn; otherwise, it will have a foul taste.
- Now, add condensed milk to the pan and keep stirring.
- Dissolve cornflour or cornstarch in some water and add it to the milk. Also, add fresh cream to the mixture and let it cook for another two to three minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool for a while.
- Once the mixture cools, you can add mango puree to it and mix well.
- Pour the given mixture into kulfi moulds and put it in the freezer.
- Once the kulfi is set, remove it from moulds by dipping into the water for two to three seconds. Garnish it with pistachio and almond and serve immediately.
Amritsr Restaurant: Your Delicious Choice for Best Mango Kulfi in Dubai
Mango is one of the popular fruits that come to most people’s minds when they think of the summer season. What else you could ask for if you could binge delicious mango kulfi in soaring heat?
Amritsr restaurant in Dubai is not only popular for offering lip-smacking Indian food but also serving delicious Indian desserts, including a popular Indian frozen dessert – Mango Kulfi.
The restaurant includes many Indian versions of Ice creams or kulfis in its menu. However, mango kulfi tops the list. This is because most people order mango kulfi during the summer season. So, if you happen to be at Amritsr in the summertime, do try this tasty Indian ice cream.