Luscious, delectable and scrumptious – these are the qualities of Chicken Patiala. It goes with a combination of Indian breads like garlic naan, tandoori roti or chapati. The gravy of this curry is quite spicy and creamy due to the presence of authentic Indian flavours and spices. And moreover, the cashew nuts are also added by the native chefs at the Amritsr restaurant in Dubai. Want to have this lavish spicy Indian curry then visit the nearby restaurants of your locality in Dubai.
In this blog, we have shared some tips to make Chicken Patiala at home, in other words, you can try this recipe of Chicken Patiala.
Ingredients which are used in the recipe of Chicken Patiala:
1) Chopped onions
2) Chopped tomatoes
4) Cumin seeds
5) Cardamom powder
6) Cooking oil
7) Ginger and garlic paste
8) Chicken pieces
Recipe of Chicken Patiala
- Marinate the Chicken pieces: The first step is marination. Marinate the pieces of chicken with yogurt, garlic paste and other basic spices like chili, turmeric, black pepper and salt. Keep it aside for half an hour so that all the spices are intermingled together.
- Take a cooking pot. Put some cooking oil in it and warm it for a while with spices. Now add the ginger/garlic paste and saute it for some time. Add chopped onions in the pot, wait for the brown colour of the onions. You need to fry them a little on a low medium flame.
- In the next step, add chopped tomatoes with powdered spices. Cook the chopped tomatoes with some water so that they can become tender.
- And lastly, add the pieces of marinated chicken and pressure cook on a high flame for about 7-10 minutes.
- After a short while, add the remaining ingredients in the pressure cooker. Fenugreek leaves, red onions, green pepper and cashew nut paste and saute them for a while.
Don’t forget to add water if need be. Later on, you can add juliennes of ginger, garam masala powder and cream for its delectable taste. Stir all the ingredients properly.
- Now take out the chicken and sprinkle some extra cream over it. This could be your last step of the cooking. You can serve your hot and spicy Chicken Patiala with bread or naan.
Best ways to serve with Chicken Patiala:
This Indian curry tastes wonderful when eaten with some rice or bread. But these are old cliche habits, you can try some new things like whole wheat naan, cumin rice, Bombay Potatoes and Onion Raita.
Whole Wheat Naan: As the name implies, this is soft and pillowy naan bread made with flour or atta.
Cumin Rice: These are flavoured and mixed with cumin and other authentic spices for the taste and to match with the combination of Chicken Patiala.
Bombay Potatoes: These are spicy and crispy potatoes which are tender from all sides.
Onion Raita: Best yogurt cream to add for the Indian curries
Hope you have read the aforesaid steps properly. These are the short and simple steps to cook Chicken Patiala at home. Even if you want to taste this wonderful delicacy , then you can head to the best Indian restaurants in Al Karama with your mates and family members.