Tandoori Chicken the name in itself is enough to make your mouth water in no time. Tandoori Chicken is loved across the world. However, this dish is tagged to be a Punjabi Snack that is usually served with onion rings and chutney. The Succulent & tender full of spices pieces of Chicken can make anyone fall in love with this dish. However, have you ever thought about the history of Chicken Tandoori? & Where can you taste the best Chicken Tandoori in Dubai? So keep reading this post to get answers of all your questions.
What is the History of Chicken Tandoori?
Talking about the history of Chicken Tandoori, so you’d find it hard to believe but historians have claimed to find evidence of meat preparation that looks like Tandoori Chicken in the ruins of Harappa. They have found Tandoor like clay ovens and chicken bones with char marks dated 3000 BC. The mention of meat marinated with mustard powder and fragrant spices being cooked in clay ovens is found in Sanskrit scripture Sushruta Samhita.
The above-mentioned evidence proves that Chicken Tandoori is ancient and this dish has traveled a long way to make its existence in today’s time. Talking about the popularity of this dish in modern times, so we get evidence that in the late 1940’s Chicken Tandoori Chicken was popularised in Moti Mahal by Kundan Lal Jaggi.
This dish is said to have become famous from Moti Mahal and now this dish has become a popular Indian snack. So if you are a foodie and love to eat chicken Tandoori so you’d be proud to know the history of Chicken Tandoori.
What is the Recipe of Chicken Tandoori?
Ingredients of Punjabi Tandoori Chicken: Ingredients play an important role in making Chicken Tandoori irresistible. So while cooking Punjabi Chicken Tandoori, you must focus on choosing the right spices and ingredients. Tandoori Chicken is first marinated in freshly prepared Tandoori Masala and other carefully chosen spices along with oil, curd, and char-grilled. This dish is best prepared in Tandoori Clay, however, if you are cooking it at home, so you can prepare it in Oven.
- To prepare Chicken Tandoori, you can add curd, red chilies, garlic & ginger paste, tandoori masala, oil, curd, salt, and lemon juice. After putting all these in the bowl, mix it well.
- Now you can rub the marinade properly on Chicken Pieces so that spices reach deep down the chicken pieces. To cook it properly, coat the chicken pieces with marinade properly.
- You can add lemon to the marinade to enhance its taste. Also, we’d advise you to make the marinade thick otherwise it would get stuck to the pan while cooking. You can add salt or any other ingredient as per your taste.
- Now Marinate the chicken pieces for 30 minutes.
- Now you can Char grill all the chicken pieces on a grill or tandoor. Baste with oil at regular intervals. Don’t overcook it otherwise it would spoil the taste.
- Now you can serve it with lemon, chutney and onion rings.
How to Cook Chicken Tandoori?
Key Ingredients: Chicken pieces, oil, red chili paste, ginger, and garlic paste, tandoori masala, , chaat masala oil, curd, salt, lemon (juiced), Cinnamon sticks, black peppercorns, green cardamom, brown cardamom, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cloves, Bay leaf, turmeric.
Note: You can add or remove the ingredients as per your taste.
Which is the Best Restaurant in Dubai Serving Chicken Tandoori?
If you are away from India and craving to taste the authentic Chicken Tandoori in Dubai, so you’ve landed on the right page. We are considered to be the best Chicken Tandoori Restaurant in Dubai. Our chefs have immense experience which they practice while preparing the Chicken Tandoori dish. The role of ingredients can’t be ignored while preparing this dish and we have authentic spices & cooking method that makes our Chicken Tandoori taste better than any other restaurant in Dubai that serves Chicken Tandoori.
Moreover, we have several types of Chicken Tandoori such as Chicken Tandoori Masala, Tandoori Kabab being served to all guests. So if you want to taste the best chicken Tandoori in Dubai, then look nowhere and visit Amritsr restaurant Dubai.