Indian Cuisines are famous for their exquisite flavours and spices. Indian food is quite popular in various parts of the world. When it comes to North Indian desi dishes, then who can forget the traditional Amritsari Chole? Amritsar Chole is a blend of spices, aromatic flavours and a love of Punjabis. Amritsr restaurant, which is considered the best restaurant in Dubai by so many Indians in Dubai, serves the purpose of bridge between the Indian foodies in Dubai and Indian dishes. Amritsari Cholle is one of them. It is made from roasted and ground chickpeas and has a very aromatic sumptuous gravy. This Indian curry goes perfectly with Kulche, Naan and Puri and makes a great combination with green chillies and Boondi Raita. That’s why our restaurant provides every taste bud with its true sense of taste.
Ingredients of Amritsari Cholle
- 1 Bowl of White Chickpeas
- Chickpeas should be soaked in water about 8 to 10 hours
- 3 to 4 teabags
- 4tbs of Ghee or oil
- Chopped Onions as per quantity
- Chopped Chillies
- Chopped Ginger
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Half teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1tbs of dry mango powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt (depends on taste and quantity)
- Some coriander leaves
- Amritsari Chole Masala Powder
- Cinnamon sticks
- 5 to 6 cloves
- Some fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- Black PepperCorns
- Pomegranate seeds
Our highly skilled chefs use all the ingredients and serve Amritsari Chole on your platter. The taste which you crave in the northern region of Punjab of this dish will definitely get you here at Amritsr, the best indian restaurant in Dubai for sure.
Check out the recipe of Amritsari Chole:
- Collect and sort all the ingredients properly.
- Make sure your Kabuli Chana/ Chickpeas should be soaked for 8 hours or so in water.
- Rinse the soaked chana into the pressure cooker with salt and tea bags to give aromatic smell and deep colors.
- You can use dark tea leaves instead of teabags if they are not available.
- Cook the chickpeas/ kabuli chana in the pressure cooker for about 30 to 40 minutes on medium heat, after that there will be multiple rounds of whistles and then you can turn the heat to low for the rest of the time.
- Permit the pressure to release naturally after the heat is off.
- Meanwhile, we can make the Amritsari Chole Masala Powder as per the quantity of the spices.
- Mix and add all the spices and ingredients like coriander seeds, methi seeds, cinnamon, cumin seeds, cloves, badi elaichi,red chillies,some anardana seeds and black pepper corns.
- Roast all the spices in a skillet or pan and heat them for about 10 minutes until they start giving an aromatic smell.
- Once done, make sure you roast them properly and turn off the heat after a while and allow it to cool a bit. Once cooled, don’t forget to add the roasted chole masala spices into a small jar of the mixer grinder and blend/mix to make smooth powder of the pieces.
- Keep the Amritsari chole masala powder aside with you.
- Last step is to mix all the masala together.
- Then the procedure of onions and tomatoes comes into picture. Add chopped onions, ginger and saute until the onion softens in the oil or ghee.
- Once the onion softens or starts giving yellowish color, add the dry Amritsari chole masala, chopped tomatoes and turmeric powder and fry the tomatoes until it becomes pulpy and soft.
- Add the cooked kabuli chana/ chickpeas into the chole masala in the pulpy mixture of tomatoes and stir it well.
- Cover the lid of the pan and simmer the Amritsari Chole Masala for about 15 minutes.
- After simmering, remove the lid and cook it open until the Amritsari chole masala has a thick gravy mixture.
- Once done, check the salt level and mash the chickpeas if possible.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- And finally the mystery is resolved i.e. your spicy, delicious, delectable and mouth watering Amritsari Chole is ready. You can serve the Amritsari Chole along with Bhatura, Puri or Kulcha.
If you want to taste the indian delicacies in your city then Amritsr restaurant is the best place to try. Nice ambience, lighting environment and blend of cuisines are all available in one roof to make your loved ones stress free from unnecessary troubles and they can try the indian dishes themselves altogether.
Can’t wait to try these Indian curries? Then who is stopping you? Come and enjoy these mouthwatering vegetarian delicacies at our best Indian restaurant Amritsr.