Gulab Jamun is one of the most popular sweet in India. This sweet dish is being fondly savored across the globe. There are several versions of making Gulab Jamun with ingredients khoya, milk powder, bread, or sweet potatoes. Indeed, Gulab Jamun is a favorite Indian Sweet which you will often find it weddings, parties or in Indian dinners. These soft sugar syrup-soaked balls are a treat always. This dish is named “Gulab” “Jamun” means rose berries. The sugar syrup which is used in Gulab Jamun is flavored with the rose water and the fried dough balls have a size similar to jamun berries – hence the term Gulab Jamun.
So if you want to eat Gulab Jamun in Dubai so visit our restaurant to try this sweet dish. Also if you want to learn how to prepare Gulab Jamun at Home or what is the recipe of Gulab Jamun? So check out this post, here we are sharing with you a step by step procedure to prepare Gulab Jamun.
There are generally 2 ways of making Gulab Jamun.
1) Making Gulab Jamun with Milk Powder: This method is for those who don’t have access to Khoya, they can make delicious Gulab Jamun using the Milk Powder. This method is generally being good for beginners who are trying for the first time.
2) Making Gulab Jamun with Khoya: This is the best way to prepare Gulab Jamun. The unsweetened Khoya is used to prepare Gulab Jamun. In this post, we will tell you that how you can prepare Gulab Jamun with Khoya.
Steps by Step Procedure to Make Gulab Jamun
1 Take 200 grams of Khoya. While purchasing Khoya go for the one which is soft as it kneads very well.
2) To prepare the good quality of Gulab Jamun, the one thing that you should focus on is mixing the Khoya well, otherwise, Gulab Jamun won’t taste good.
3) After Mashing the Khoya properly, add 100 grams of grated paneer, semolina ( Fine Rava), add all-purpose flour, ¼ teaspoon baking powder and ½ teaspoon cardamom powder to the mashed khoya.
4) After adding all these ingredients in Khoya, mix it well so that you don’t find any pieces in it. It should be smooth.
5) Now add 1 tablespoon of Milk and start doughing it. Don’t knead at this time but gently mash it. Once done, leave the dough aside for at least 30 minutes.
Steps to Make Sugar Syrup
7) Add 250 grams of sugar in a cup of water.
8) Now heat it on a medium flow until the water solution becomes sticky. The sugar syrup solution should be sticky, not watery so keep checking it with your hands and turn off the gas when you realize that it has turned sticky. Don’t overheat it.
9) Now add rose water and stir it. Keep the sugar solution aside and if you see it getting crystalize then add 2-3 tablespoon of water and stir it again. The sugar crystal will disappear.
10) Now after 30 minutes, make small balls from the dough but make sure to not make them with cracks.
11) Now take a Pan and add oil to it. Heat on medium flame and slowly put dough balls in the oil. In case if dough balls break during frying so add some maida in dough and mix it gently and again try fry it.
12) Once they start to have tiny golden spots, keep on rotating them in the oil, so that the balls are evenly browned.
13) Now remove the fried bowls and put them in kitchen paper towel to soak the extra oil.
14) Place the fried bowls in the sugar syrup. Once you have added all the fried balls in sugar syrup then heat it for 1-2 minutes until it becomes soft.
Now your Gulab Jamun’s are ready to be served.
Where Can I Find Best Gulab Jamun in Dubai?
You can visit our Al Nahda and Al Karam branch in Dubai to savor your taste buds with authentic Indian Gulab Jamun. We prepare gulab jamun following the authentic Indian recipe. Once you will taste our Gulab Jamun’s, you can’t resist the temptation to try it again. So what are you waiting for! Visit the Best Indian Restaurant in Dubai to Try Gulab Jamun.