Dubai is a place, which has welcomed and adapted Indian cuisines gracefully. You will find Indian restaurants in every corner of Dubai.
The best thing about the Indian food items Dubai is that it is offered at an affordable price. The Indian food offered in Dubai is deeply influenced by its geography, climate, and culture of India.
No matter whether you love Chinese, Italian or Continental food, you must try Indian food whenever you are in Dubai. Indian food is gaining popularity not only in Dubai but also in other parts of the world because of its taste, aroma and other health benefits.
Indian food in Dubai is not hard to find, as many Indian restaurants in Dubai offer scrumptious Indian cuisines, including:
Palak Paneer, a vegetarian Indian dish, consists of paneer in a thick paste made from puréed spinach and seasoned with ginger, garlic and other spices. Palak paneer is also called green paneer in some restaurants.
This dish may contain mustard greens or other green leafy vegetables. Restaurants often specialize in palak paneer. Besides, people can find it as canned food in many large stores.
The Palak paneer is served hot with different Rotis (bread), such as naan, roti, Makki ki roti and parantha. Some restaurants in Dubai also serve it with raw onions and reddish salad.
The tandoori chicken gets its name from the bell-shaped tandoor (a cylindrical clay oven). Served in almost all the non-vegetarian restaurants in Dubai, UAE, this chicken dish is prepared by roasting skinless chicken thighs and legs marinated in lemon juice, spices and yoghurt in a tandoor.
The roasted chicken gets a red colour from red chilli or the addition of red food dye. Bone-in thighs and legs of the chicken are roasted, for they have enough fat to stay moist under heat.
The tandoori chicken dish originated from Indian sub-continent and is popular in many parts of the world, including India, Pakistan, Afganistan or Dubai.
This popular dish, which originated in the northern part of the Indian sub-continent, is now famous in the north part of India while having a huge following in Punjab (India).
It is a combination of bhatura (a fried bread made from maida) and white chickpeas called chole. Chole Bhature is usually a breakfast dish, sometimes accompanied with lassi.
Many restaurants in India and overseas, especially UAE, serve chole bhature with raw onions, pickle, and green chutney for a wonderful taste.
To prepare this dish, chicken is marinated for a few hours in a mixture of lemon juice, yoghurt Kashmiri red chilli, salt, garam masala and ginger-garlic paste.
This chicken dish is cooked in a clay oven and then pan-fried. Restaurants in Dubai prepare this dish in curry (sauce), which includes butter. The sauce, which is tomato and onion-based, is simmered until the water evaporates.
The spices include cardamom, cumin seeds, cloves, pepper, cinnamon, coriander, and fenugreek seeds. The cream is used in the sauce or as a garnish.
Kulcha is a leavened flatbread made without yeast and remains soft even when it becomes cold and served with chole (chickpeas). The Kulcha chole is made using dry peas, which go with the maida-based kulcha.
These Indian items are the favourite of many food lovers in Dubai and other parts of the world because of the following reasons:
- Great aroma: There are many spices, including cardamom, clove, turmeric, etc, used in these food items, which give them a great aroma.
- Good for health: Besides adding aroma to food items, spices like ginger and turmeric are known for their anti-bacterial properties, which remove toxins from the body.
- Medicinal properties: Indian food is known to have medicinal properties. Turmeric used in the food items heals inner wounds and relieve joint pains. These spices, when added to the food items, help improve overall health.
- Many choices: India is a diverse country, where people of all religions and cultures live together. In every state of India, people cook different items using different ingredients.
- Vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes: Indians love both vegetarian and non-vegetarian items. There are many restaurants in Dubai, which offer both vegetarian and non-vegetarian Indian food items.
- No preservatives used: Indian food has no preservative added to it and thus, is popular among food lovers across the world.
If you want to enjoy the best Indian food in Dubai, which is healthy, tasty and aromatic and has medicinal properties, you have plenty of options, as many restaurants serve scrumptious Indian food across Dubai.